A VI Chemical Peel is a medium-grade chemical peel that improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduces acne and hyperpigmentation. VI peels are versatile treatments that can be used on areas of the body such as the face, hands, chest, and back. It improves the overall texture of the skin and can reduce pore size for a clear, smooth aesthetic. The VI Peel controls oil secretion, making it an excellent treatment for those suffering from acne. This revitalizing treatment is a win-win solution for patients of any age, and nearly all skin types, conditions, and complexions.
The team of 17 MedSpa offers the gentle, expert, and artistic touch that helps bring new life to the skin with popular, effective procedures such as the VI Peel. Our team helps renew our patients’ confidence so that they feel and look their very best. If you are ready to learn more about the VI Peel and whether it’s right for you, contact us today at our Buena Park office location at (714) 224-9010 or (714) 332-7009, or in Cupertino by calling (408) 663-8701. We also respond promptly to messages sent through our online contact form!
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About the VI Peel
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Cost of a VI Peel in Buena Park and Cupertino
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
Before and After Photos
About the VI Peel
Chemical peels are also known as chemo exfoliation treatments and contain mild acids that remove the outer layers of dead and damaged skin cells.(1) They also create a controlled inflammatory response in the skin that leads to the production of new skin cells as well as collagen and elastin. Chemical peels are extremely popular procedures, and in 2016 alone, over 1,300,000 chemical peel treatments were performed!(2) The VI Chemical Peel was created by Dr. Abdala Khalil, founder of the clinical skincare brand Vitality Institute. Dr. Khalil developed the VI Peel to treat the hormonal cystic acne of his eldest daughter. The VI Peel’s combination of effective active ingredients and minerals helped her to achieve clearer skin, and now helps other patients struggling with acne and skin concerns. These key ingredients include trichloroacetic acid (TCA), salicylic acid, phenol, Vitamin C, tretinoin, and nourishing minerals.
Today, the VI Chemical Peel is medical-grade skincare that lets patients of varying complexions experience a boost in confidence and more radiant skin. The VI Chemical Peel comes in six different formulations for different skin conditions.
The Synthesis of Key Ingredients
- The combination of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and phenol removes dead and damaged skin cells on the outer layer of the skin to reveal the new, soft skin layer underneath. TCA also treats wrinkles, scarring, and discoloration. Phenol provides penetrative treatment for sun damage, deep-set wrinkles, and pigmentation issues.
- Salicylic acid helps to combat acne. It clears the pores of debris and exfoliates the skin, which results in fewer acne breakouts. (1)
- Retinoic acid carries anti-aging properties in its ability to exfoliate, tighten, and volumize the skin. It also helps regulate growth and differentiation among skin cells–resulting in reduced acne, oil production, and inflammation.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects skin cells from damage, and brightens the complexion. Vitamin C also boosts collagen production and promotes an overall less aged appearance with smoothed wrinkles.
VI Peel provides similar benefits to those of other superficial to medium chemical peels. These benefits include:
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Evens skin tone: A medium chemical peel can diminish discoloration like dark spots caused by sun damage
- Treats acne: The VI peel is a well-tolerated formulation whose synthesis of key ingredients helps to reduce inflammation, oil production, and clears clogged pores. It also eliminates harmful bacteria for healthier skin.
- Comfortable treatment: The VI Peel procedure requires no anesthesia
- Long-lasting results: The results of a superficial peel will last for several weeks. Patients who receive deep peels will enjoy results for three to nine months.
The VI Peel is a safe, effective treatment for patients of nearly all skin types. The VI Peel solution was originally formulated for a woman of color, so it’s safe for those with dark skin tones! It’s an effective treatment for candidates with:
- Sun damage
- Acne scarring
- Recurring acne
- Uneven skin tone
- Rough skin texture
- Mild to moderate lines and wrinkles
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should explore other skin care treatments. If you have an active skin infection or outbreak in the area that you’d like to treat, you’ll need to wait until you’re fully healed. And, while the VI peel can improve fine lines and wrinkles, patients with more severe lines and creases will see better results from other more intensive treatments. (1) (2)
While the VI Peel can be effective for a wide range of skin types, candidates with darker skin tones are at greater risk of side effects such as hyperpigmentation. (1) Candidates with darker skin types should set up a consultation to determine whether they can benefit from a VI Peel safely.
The team of 17 Med Spa is dedicated to helping our patients look their very best with today’s leading skin treatments – like the VI Peel! During your private consultation, we will discuss the challenges you currently face with your skin. We’ll perform a skin evaluation to examine problem areas and identify the best treatment for your skin concerns. If you are interested in learning more about how the VI Peel can enhance your looks and self-esteem, set up a free consultation today, by giving us a call at our Buena Park location at (714) 224-9010 or (714) 332-7009, or at our Cupertino location at (408) 663-8701. You may also send us a message through our online message form.
As you prepare for the VI Peel, you should follow these guidelines:
- Avoid topical treatments such as Retin-A three days before treatment
- Avoid depilatory screams and waxing two weeks before
- Avoid laser treatments and electrolysis one week before
- Avoid microneedling several weeks before
- Avoid sun exposure one week before
First, the face will be cleansed. We will then apply the VI Chemical Peel in two phases. The first application will impact cells on the outer layer of skin. The second application will penetrate the skin to remove deeper issues and impurities. Applying the solution will take about 30 minutes. Once the solution dries, you will be advised to leave it on the face for about six hours. After this time, you may wash off the solution.
After washing off the chemical peel, you may experience skin irritation, redness, and flaking for about one week after the procedure. After several days, the skin should begin to “self-exfoliate” and peel for about six days. During this time, you should avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
After the peeling process is complete, patients will observe an overall improvement in skin quality, and enjoy their radiant results, which last up to four months! Patients can maintain their fresh, glowing skin after this point by scheduling regular peels as part of their skincare regimen.
Cost of a VI Peel in Buena Park and Cupertino
The price of a VI Peel is based on the size and location of the area being treated and the skin conditions being targeted. We will be happy to provide an evaluation and quote during your personal consultation. Make an appointment today at our Buena Park or Cupertino locations to get started!
What is a medium-depth chemical peel?
There are three main types of chemical peels, which are categorized based on the depth that they penetrate the skin: superficial, medium, and deep. (2) A medium peel penetrates the outer layer of skin (or epidermis) all the way to the upper level of the dermis. A superficial peel is less intense, and focuses primarily on the outermost layer of skin, while a deep peel creates controlled injury that reaches all the way to the mid-reticular dermis. (The reticular dermis is the lower layer of the dermis). All chemical peels aid in the improvement of skin texture and tone.
Does a VI Peel Hurt?
VI Peels are non-invasive, gentle chemical peels that are perfect for first-timers. Most patients describe the sensation as a mild tingling feeling. The solution is formulated with numbing ingredients to ensure patient comfort.
How often should I get a VI Peel?
We recommend treatment every four weeks to six weeks. However, depending on the skin conditions that you are looking to treat, your provider may recommend scheduling your first set of VI peels closer together at first.
- Samargandy S, Raggio BS. Skin Resurfacing Chemical Peels. [Updated 2022 May 1]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK547752/
- Soleymani T, Lanoue J, Rahman Z. A Practical Approach to Chemical Peels: A Review of Fundamentals and Step-by-step Algorithmic Protocol for Treatment. The Journal of clinical and aesthetic dermatology. 2018;11(8):21-28. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122508/